ABOUT THE VIDYALAYA
Aims & Ideas | Special Features | Library & Reading Room | Communication | Orientation | Prizes & Awards | Games & Sports
Home Page
Admission Procedure
News & Events
How to Donate
Examinatin Procedure
Contact Praktani

The Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama at Narendrapur, a branch centre of the Ramakrishna Mission was started in North Calcutta (Pathuriagatha) as a student's Home immediately after the Bengal Famine of 1943.

Later, in 1956, it was shifted to its present site at Narendrapur in an idyllic natural surroundings in the southern suburbs of Kolkata, near Garia, 16 kilometers south-east of the Governor's House on the Kolkata-Baruipur road. Now, it has grown into a huge educational and training complex with varied activities having more than 2,000 residents students and trainees and occupying a sprawling campus of about 150 acres of land dotted with flower gardens, green fields, mango groves, madicinal plants, lakes and vast playgrounds.

From Howrah or Sealdah Railway Station, Narendrapur can be reached by Buses or Taxi via Garia or Sonarpur Railway Station.


Founder President Swami Lokeswaranand

All Rights Reserved by Narendrapur Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya Praktani